The NHA Organizing Committee has decided to convene the 12nd National Health Assembly (NHA 12) from 18th– 20th December 2019 at Government Complex, Bangkok, Thailand
With the four criteria for selection of proposed NHA agenda items that are 1) importance and urgency of the issue 2) magnitude of the problem 3) public interest and 4) feasibility of the issue to drive into policy or implementation, the NHA Organizing Committee had a resolution to announce the four agenda items of NHA 12 as follows.
1. Revision of National Health Assembly Resolution : Thailand ban asbestos measure
2. Community – centered system management for becoming a rational drug use country
- Gender Approach : Family Health Empowerment
- Coalition fight cancer in community
Moreover nine Passed resolutions will be reported the progress of their implementation
- National Policy for Health System Development in Multi-Cultural Areas (NHA 1.3)
- Mechanisms and Process of the Health Assembly (NHA 5.11)
- National Joint Strategic Plan on Community Health System (NHA 6.3)
- Review of NHA Resolution on Management of Smog Haze Affecting Health (NHA 8.2)
- Promotion of Physical Activity for Thai People at All Age Groups (NHA 10.1)
- Development of Play Spaces to Enhance Well-being of Early Childhood and Primary Schoolchildren (NHA 10.2)
- Community-Based Approach to Drug Abuse Addiction (NHA 10.3)
- Sustainable Participatory Community Waste Management (NHA 10.4)
- E-Sports: Social Responsibility for Child Health (NHA 11.2)
After adoption at National Health Assembly, all resolutions will be submitted to the National Health Commission which is chaired by the Prime Ministry. The Commission will consider taking appropriate actions to achieve the resolutions, including, if necessary, submitting to the Cabinet.
In parallel with the submitting process of the resolutions to the National Health Commission and further to Cabinet, the NHA Resolution Follow-up Committee started working to follow up and drive the resolutions into action.