What’s New in NHA 15-16
Thailand’s National Health Assembly have transformed itself for better performance. The changes in NHA are summarized herewith.
- Policy Champion: To select NHA agenda items which focus on the national agendas and along with having national agencies responsible for those agendas.
- Applied Issue-based Health Assembly: To co-create and co-initiate resolutions with strong evidence based and to identify main organizations driving NHA resolutions.
- Incorporate with Provincial Health Assembly: To make a linkage of upstream and downstream policy processes and to access feasibility of implementing NHA resolution into action.
- 2-year period for Technical Preparation: Make a technical preparation for agenda items in a 2-year period.
- Reporting and Knowledge Exchange: Give more importance to report and exchange the progress of the resolutions through side events. These side events will enable space for networking among various stakeholders.
Where NHA Resolutions go
After a consensus-based adoption of the resolutions at the assembly, all resolutions are submitted to the National Health Commission which is chaired by the Prime Minister for consideration and action. If necessary, the resolutions are further submitted to the Cabinet. In parallel, the resolutions go to the NHA Resolution Follow-up Committee that has a duty to strategize implementation of the resolutions.